Monday, December 1, 2008

Metaphorical much?

It took me 4 years, but I am finally done:


(Full View)



(Close-up of the stitching. I believe the main part is a half-double and the border is a double)

It was my first crochet project - pretty ambitious, I must say.

This blanket kept me company on many a bus/train ride to and from work in downtown Chicago and Milwaukee. This was my "baby"...no matter where I was or what I was doing, I could always pick this piece up and begin where I left off without a hitch. It has seen me through heartbreak, love, grief, happiness and several relocations. My therapist in yarn.

I've completed several projects since the dawn of this one, but subconciously I think I wasn't ready to let it go...so it was never officially completed. Could someone look past the odd size, dropped stitches, uneven edges, and inconsistencies and love it as much as I do? I could only think of one person. So, Sunday night I bit the bullet and put in the last few stitches.

I am happy to say my husband is now the proud owner.

No comments: