Our family is entertaining the idea of going on vacation this year...to somewhere other than our usual destinations. I spent a good portion of my day looking at possible vacation rentals. This required A LOT of website visiting.
Here's a hint to anyone selling their vacation rental (heck, selling ANYTHING) online - if your website sucks, you suck.
Ok, not really. But understand that it is 2009 and there is no excuse for having a website that looks like it was created at the dawn of the internet.
Example (name of town edited out of courtesy. I'm sure it's a great place...they just have dolts advertising it):
There are just so many things wrong with this site (the background...my god, the background!), I am not sure I'd have enough space to detail it all. Let's talk about a few of my favorite parts, shall we?
* "Spring Fling Deal" - I think the color combination just made me throw up a little in my mouth
* "Less, less fog, less crowded!" - Not just less fog, but LESS less fog. Fog is practically non-existent here. Alert the media!
* Look at the very right side of the picture. See where my scroll bar is positioned? This home page was by far the L O N G E S T I have ever encountered.
* "Sshhhh...'[town] Best Kept Secret!" - first you tell me to be quiet and then you yell? Make up your mind!
* "not to winding" - just....UGH! ((facepalm))
Ok, I feel better now. Thanks for letting me share this eyesore with you.
Have a great weekend everyone!