Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend review

We are back and made it through Saturday. Fortunately, Mother Nature was smiling on us and we got a 70+ degree day with lots of sunshine. For a Midwest April, this is amazing (Sunday was 45 and rainy, if that says anything)!

For my reference, a few important notes for next year:

1. Don't do favors
2. If your child touches your face with cake hands, make sure husband checks your face before pictures are taken (after reviewing our photos, it looks like I have chocolate snot. Greeeeat...I'm sure several other people got the same shot).
3. Make sure the time of the party doesn't interfere with nap time...especially with a sick child. She wasn't miserable - but not her usual smiling self.



I am not amused.

This little bundle of teething sickness decided that the day of her first birthday (Sunday) was the perfect time to start walking and feeding herself with a spoon. However, the continuation of doing either of these is on her OWN time...no amount of coaxing can get her to do it when you want her to (good thing we got the first steps on video).

* * * * *

Dance Party Time!
(Have no idea what I'm referring to?...read the bottom of this post)

Artist/Band: The Pointer Sisters
Song Title: Jump
Kid-friendly?: Yes

And here is a great scene of Hugh Grant dancing to this song (as the Prime Minister in the movie "Love Actually." If you haven't seen this movie. Go watch it right now. Seriously)

6 comments:

Eternal Lizdom said...

I just tagged you!

First birthdays are always an adventure!!

Call Me Cate said...

Wow, happy birthday to Peanut! Such a big day for her and mommy/daddy!

Isabella said...

@ Liz - you tagged me...where? I don't see it.

@ Call Me Cate - Peanut says thank you...which for her is a a couple "na na nas" and blowing a snot bubble. She must really like you.

Busy-Dad-E said...

Congrats to you, ShankRabbit, and Peanut on this big milestone! It looks like she enjoyed herself despite not feeling tip-top. I wish all boogers were made of chocolate. I'd probably pick my nose a lot more if they were.

Otter Thomas said...

Glad you survived chocolate snot and all.

Un-Hawthorne-ed said...

SHE WALKED?!?!?! That's very cool, i want the video. Of course if she's like daddy, the encore might be awhile. Sorry I couldn't stay longer on saturday and see the chocolate boogies.