Thursday, April 23, 2009

Medical Mystery Tour

I'm a pretty open person. I will not hesitate to talk about my past, especially if I know the person(s) I am speaking with may benefit in some way from hearing my story. However, talking about medical stuff - especially when I (or any doctors, for that matter) don't have concrete answers - isn't something I do. I try to make it seem like everything is OK, when in reality my brain is going a million miles a minute. And because medical professionals can't give me the answers I'm looking for (without further testing - which does not guarantee an answer anyway), I'm stuck.

I hate that I'm writing this to the blogosphere right now. As silly as it sounds, I'm comfortable admitting imperfections in parenting and my craptastic ability to handle relationships with family/friends, but not with something I can't control - my health.

Now, before you get all worry-wart on me...whatever is going on doesn't seem to be serious at all. It's just a bunch of unanswered questions.

So, I am off to an MRI today. I was instructed to remove any piercings (I have 50...I'm hardcore like that) and wear comfortable clothing. I guess I'll put the Manolos aside for another day.
(sad attempt at humor...moving on)

Test results will be discussed Tuesday afternoon. Let's hope they have a better answer than "um...we're not really sure what that is..." as the radiologist told me after my ultrasound a couple weeks ago.

5 comments:

Jean Inez said...

I hope you're okay!

Call Me Cate said...

Good luck to you - dealing with a bit of a medical mystery myself and it's so frustrating. If I only knew WHAT it was, I could deal with it! Limbo stinks. Hope you get answers that also involve a simple solution.

Un-Hawthorne-ed said...

You're right-you do suck at talking about medical stuff. Why is this the first I'm hearing about it? You are WAY better at the family relationships than "craptastic" would indicate-I know because I'm the fortunate recipient of your awesomeness. Love you and you better let me know how everything went!

C. Beth said...

Ugh!! I'm sorry, how very frustrating. I'll be praying and hope you get some good news Tuesday.

Otter Thomas said...

Good luck with the tests. Hopefully your doctors will channel their best inner Dr. House and figure this thing out.