I have been sitting here for a good 1/2 hour or so trying to think of what to write. Normally, I can think of at least 5 things...today, I got nothing. So, in a total "I just can't make a real post today," here is a list of 25 random things about me for you to enjoy:
1. I speak about it fondly, but there very few things I miss from my "Chicago" life. I miss living in the city and the friends I had, but I certainly don't miss my dating life. Or the overpriced tiny apartments. Or the noise.
2. I have a very sensitive nose. Too much of a scent/odor can give me an instant headache. That is why I hold my breath when passing people on the street - I don't want to smell them. Maybe it's because of this that I have great lung capacity. Think about it – walking down a street in downtown Chicago. Yeah...enough said.
3. We definitely want to have another kid someday...but seeing as how great our little one has been, we've half-entertained the idea of only having one.
4. I used to work at Victoria's Secret when I was in college. My favorite task was “bunching” the cotton panty tables.
5. Because of #4, I (used to) meticulously organize my underwear drawer – by type, color, and size. Though with a kid, I don't do it as much anymore.
6. I love love love love organization. The Container Store is my porn. I like having containers for everything...but since I don't, a lot of stuff gets thrown into piles/boxes. It makes me sad.
7. I went to a therapist every week from 11 years old until I graduated high school. I miss it.
8. I like to think that I am the same fun, outgoing person I was in high school, but I'm not. I used to love being on stage...now I have severe anxiety attacks just thinking about it. I had to sit down on the stage stairs to give a speech at my best friend's wedding (my legs were shaking so bad I couldn't stand up).
9. It's no secret that I had a rough childhood. Maybe it's insensitive of me, but I hate when people overplay the 'victim' card.
10. I probably would have been a veterinarian (or at least been a volunteer at an animal shelter) if I didn't get so emotionally attached to animals.
11. Giving up my dog was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I check the humane society website on a consistent basis to see if she was returned...even though I know she ended up with someone who could give her the attention I couldn't.
12. I have never felt completely at home in any place I have lived. That is why I don't decorate – I leave that to ShankRabbit. I am hoping that changes with the first house we buy.
13. I've started several art projects to give to one specific person. I can never finish one because I'm nervous what he/she will think of it.
14. If ShankRabbit came up to me today and said his job was taking him to a different state, I'd pack up in a heartbeat. I'd miss friends and family, but I'm tired of the Midwest.
15. I'd love to live in a small town (as long as there was a big town/city not terribly far away).
16. I want to play the uilleann pipes someday.
17. I've had several ideas for possible dream jobs – forensic scientist, miniature maker, the person who makes the clay sculptures for an animation company (like Pixar), luthier, piano tuner, art therapist, microbiologist...the list keeps going.
18. I hate the font Comic Sans. I don't know why.
19. I was thisclose to visiting England for a modeling event, but the trip fell through. I used the money I saved for the deposit on my first apartment.
20. I hate watching fights (fist fights, UFC, etc). In school, kids used to run to watch them, I ran the opposite way. Though, when it comes to people I care about, I'd throw down in a minute. In third grade, I punched a kid because he and his buddy started fighting my brother. They were all two years older than me.
21. I love that my memories are associated with all 5 senses. It makes them very real.
22. My biological mom was a hippie – so pot was no stranger to our household. I had no idea that a glass pipe was drug paraphernalia until I was in 8th grade.
23. I love hearing people's life stories (that probably explains why I love reading people's blogs).
24. My mom was 17 when she joined Ringling Bros. circus. She rode elephants, spun around on the high rope, wore elaborate costumes...I sometimes wish I did the same thing at that age instead of going right to college.
25. One of the most meaningful gifts I ever received was my friends' version of “While You Were Out.” I hope that someday I can do something just as special for them.
* * * * *
Dance Party Time!
(Have no idea what I'm referring to?...read the bottom of this post)
Artist/Band: The Police
Song Title: Message in a Bottle